Medicolegal Resolutions is a boutique consultancy and mediation firm focused exclusively on insurance and health law matters.
We provide the following services:
- Neutral evaluation review of case (how an adjudicator or judge may evaluate the case)
- Medical Merit Review (review of cases for medical merit, causation, discrepancies)
- TortSupport* (on-call medicolegal and mediation services for counsel)
- Strategic Case Consulting for hearing/trial preparation
- Mediation services
Dr. Karina Kowal is the principal of Medicolegal Resolutions and has been a mediator and arbitrator with the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) via ADR Chambers and an adjudicator with the Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT) since 2012, conducting thousands of mediations over the years and issuing many decisions.
She obtained her LLM in health law and ADR from Osgoode Hall and a graduate degree in medicolegal expertise and insurance medicine from the Universite de Montreal. Dr. Kowal is also trained as a medical doctor (M.D.). She is board certified by the American Medical Association in both the 4th and 6th Editions of the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment as a Certified Independent Medical Examiner (CIME). Dr. Kowal also holds the designation of Qualified Arbitrator from the ADR Institute of Canada.
She is a council member of the Medical Legal Society of Toronto, (MLST), a member of the Canadian Society of Medical Evaluators (CSME), a member of the American Board of Independent Medical Evaluators (ABIME) and a member of the ADR Institute of Ontario and Canada.
- global resolutions (tort, accident benefits, LTD, WSIB)
- catastrophic impairment, personal injury
- medical malpractice
- health professional negligence and liability
- hospital and long term care matters.
Copyright © 2022 Medicolegal Resolutions - All Rights Reserved.